You will learn how to:
- monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for customers.
- monitor and maintain interactions between colleagues, managers and customers.
- monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen.
- apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cold larder dishes, hot kitchen dishes as well as patisserie and desserts employing complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3); or
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, work experience or study.
Chef de partie, Sous Chef, Head Cook, Pastry Chef
Programme Specific Information
Students are required to undertake 80 hours of work experience within the catering industry to enhance their formal learning.
This qualification leads to the NZ Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5) with strands in Cookery and Patisserie
Chefs in an intermediate position producing complex dishes in a professional kitchen.
- Textbooks, stationery and printing $130 approx.
- Uniform - $200 approx.
Changes for new learners
WITT and this programme are part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .