You will also learn how to plan and monitor the other essential ingredients of a successful professional kitchen including workflow, supplies, operational procedures, compliance, staff and menu design.
You will learn how to:
- select and apply staffing strategies to meet performance targets.
- plan and monitor workflow and supplies in a commercial kitchen.
- manage operating procedures and compliance requirements for operational roles.
- manage staff relationships for operational roles.
- Plan and produce a broad range of larder dishes employing advanced preparation, cookery and presentation techniques.
- Plan and produce a broad range of meat, poultry and fish dishes employing advanced preparation, cookery and p resentation techniques.
- Plan, develop and design advanced dishes and menus suitable for implementation in a commercial environment.
- Plan and produce a broad range of advanced patisserie and yeast goods suitable for a commercial hospitality business.
- Plan and produce a broad range of gateaux and torten suitable for a commercial hospitality business.
- Plan and produce a broad range of hot and cold desserts suitable for a commercial hospitality business.
Programme Specific Information
Classes are taught 3 days per week.
Students will be required to remove visible jewellery including facial piercings prior to practical classes.
There is no work experience component in this programme, however work experience or part-time employment is strongly recommended.
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4); or
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, work experience or study.
Supervisory role, leadership, Manager, Executive Chef within the hospitality/ tourism industry.
- Stationery - $20
- Printing - $10
- *Shoes - $200
- Socks (black) - $10
- Hair tie (black)/bobby pins (if required) - $5
*Fully enclosed flat black shoes. Solid leather closed in footwear with an appropriate non-slip, non-marking sole.
Changes for new learners
WITT and this programme are part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .