Gain an awareness of the IT environment, appreciate the needs of users, be able to provide IT technical support, and operate within the applicable professional standards and practice as part of a team or independently with a broad level of supervision.
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4); or
- Equivalent knowledge, life skills, work experience or study
Graduates of this diploma will have the skills and knowledge to gain employment in roles such as computer technician, support officer, network administrator, network engineer, applications support analyst, and other entry level technical roles.
Further Study Options
The qualification also provides a pathway to a specialist Networking or Administration qualification. This may include:
- New Zealand Diploma in Systems Administration (Level 6)
- New Zealand Diploma in Networking (Level 6)
- New Zealand Diploma in Database Administration (Level 6)
Other possible pathways include under-graduate degree qualifications. This qualification may also equip learners to attempt optional industry certifications at the appropriate level and area of speciality.