- a total of 60 NCEA credits at level 2 including 12 credits in Maths; OR
- completion of an appropriate qualification at Level 4
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, work experience or study.
Any applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence of an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 6 (with no score below 5.5 in speaking, reading, writing and listening) or equivalent.
Applicants must have:
- attained the age of 20 years on or before the first day of the semester in which study for the diploma is to commence; AND
- have provided sufficient evidence of aptitude or appropriate work or other life experience that would indicate a successful outcome in the qualification.
In exceptional cases an applicant who does not meet the general admission requirements and who has not reached the age of 20 on or before the first day of the semester in which study for the diploma is to commence may apply for discretionary admission.
In assessing whether to grant discretionary admission in exceptional cases, the primary focus will be on the applicant’s level of preparedness for study at the requirement level.
In addition, international candidates must meet the minimum English Language entry requirements specified by NZQA.