Learn from industry-experienced tutors and apply your learning in real-world work environments. Accountants are in demand in Aotearoa New Zealand and there are good prospects to advance in your career. Once qualified, job prospects include financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, taxation, treasury, banking and finance, risk management and business consultancy across the private and public sectors.
Learners may start straight from secondary school or from prior study in related fields. The programme is also designed for those who want to return to education to develop new or related skills.
Ākonga will gain the educational requirements for membership of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and Chartered Practising Accountant Australia (CPA).
- Organisations in an Aotearoa New Zealand Context.
- Business Environments.
- Business Functions.
- Change and Innovation.
- Introduction to Accounting and Taxation
- Applied Accounting.
- Analysis of Financial Information.
- Budgets for Planning and Control.
- Commercial Law.
- Intermediate Management Accounting.
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Taxation in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Introduction to Finance
- Data Analytics.
- Law of Business Entities.
- Research Methods.
- Accounting Information Systems.
- Advanced Management Accounting.
- Advanced Financial Accounting.
- Auditing and Assurance.
- Professional Accounting Project.
Pending NZQA approval,
- New Zealand University Entrance, or
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, work experience or study.
Changes for 2023 learners
On 1 November 2022, WITT and the programme you have enrolled in became part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .
When you apply to study with WITT in 2023, you will be enrolled with Te Pūkenga, the new national network of vocational and applied education in Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn in the same way, in the same place, and with the same people. The great news is that this enables us to share skills and knowledge across a network of passionate education providers, to better help you succeed.
Please note that all programmes offered by WITT and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review. This is to make sure they are portable, consistent, and aligned with the needs of the industry to provide you with excellent and quality educational opportunities.