Learn from industry-experienced tutors and apply your learning in real-world work environments. Accountants are in demand in Aotearoa New Zealand and there are good prospects to advance in your career. Once qualified, job prospects include financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, taxation, treasury, banking and finance, risk management and business consultancy across the private and public sectors.
Learners may start straight from secondary school or from prior study in related fields. The programme is also designed for those who want to return to education to develop new or related skills.
Ākonga will gain the educational requirements for membership of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and Chartered Practising Accountant Australia (CPA).
- Organisations in an Aotearoa New Zealand Context.
- Business Environments.
- Business Functions.
- Change and Innovation.
- Introduction to Accounting and Taxation
- Applied Accounting.
- Analysis of Financial Information.
- Budgets for Planning and Control.
- Commercial Law.
- Intermediate Management Accounting.
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Taxation in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Introduction to Finance
- Data Analytics.
- Law of Business Entities.
- Research Methods.
- Accounting Information Systems.
- Advanced Management Accounting.
- Advanced Financial Accounting.
- Auditing and Assurance.
- Professional Accounting Project.
- New Zealand University Entrance, or
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, work experience or study.