Graduates of this programme will be eligible to continue their educational journey via a pathway into WINTEC’s Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science degree.
You will learn how to:
- design exercise programmes to the industry standard and implement advanced exercise options to enhance client performance.
- provide appropriate referrals and follow-up actions to address nutritional requirements as part of personalised exercise prescription.
- integrate a broad range of health and wellness factors into an extended exercise intervention programme to meet client goals and objectives.
- analyse and select from a range of advanced exercise options underpinned by exercise science to customise exercise assessment and programmes.
- design programmes and apply exercise principles within scope of practice using understanding of the indications and contraindications for symptomatic or apparently healthy people.
- develop networks with other allied professionals to support exercise client outcomes.
- New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4); or
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, experience or study
This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge to deliver exercise instruction for individuals within the general population. Graduates will operate within a framework of health and wellness in relation to individual, group or community needs and contribute to the cultural, social and economic wellbeing of Aotearoa New Zealand.
You will be provided with the skills and knowledge to design and deliver appropriate exercise programmes in relation to client requirements.
Graduates will be eligible to register with the New Zealand Register of Exercise Professionals and can be employed or self-employed in the following various roles; exercise consultant, community exercise instructor, team training instructor or personal trainer.
Stationery and printing. Recommended: computer access
Note that the following forms will be required when applying to study Exercise at WITT. Please make sure to complete an application before submitting these forms.
Police Vetting Form (External link. Note that this form will have to be emailed, or printed out and handed into reception staff)
Changes for new learners
WITT and this programme are part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .