This internationally recognised standard will allow your expertise to be utilised across a range of industries, both within the business field such as human resource management, sales and marketing, information communication technologies and other disciplines such as engineering. Content includes project management, business finance, operations management, advanced project management, resource integration management and an industry project.
Graduates will be able to:
- have a sound understanding of the dynamic and changing environment in which managers operate in New Zealand and internationally, that will enable them to apply that knowledge at both organisational and strategic levels in a range of industries and organisations. On reaching the workplace, graduates will have current specialised knowledge and be able to integrate into their workplace environment quickly, having spent time through their course of study in a work context applying the knowledge and skills of the curriculum.
- Degree; or
- Level 6 or 7 Diploma and relevant work life/experiences; or
- Equivalent knowledge, life skills, work experience or study.
English language requirements
Any applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence of an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 6.0 (with no score below 5.5 in speaking, reading, writing and listening) or equivalent.
Programme specific information
This one year full-time programme allows you to graduate at the same level as a degree student and with a focused file of knowledge. It is designed for people who have a degree in one area but want to change their area of specialisation or career. It is also for people who have a level 6 or 7 Diploma and/or several years of relevant work experience who wish to gain a qualification or update their skills in the area they are working.
If you like to plan and see a project right from concept through to completion, our Graduate Diploma in Project Management is for you. Managing projects is an exciting career path and can be utilised anywhere in the world. You will study the principles of project management, business finance, operations management, advanced project management and resource integration.
The skills and knowledge gained will be used as you complete an industry project that ensures you possess both skills and hands-on experience when you enter the job market. The Graduate Diplomas are designed so that students can complete them in one year’s full time study. It is possible for students to select part time study options, which will increase the programme duration.
To be awarded a Graduate Diploma you will successfully complete 120 credits at Levels 6 and 7 as shown below:
- all compulsory papers specified for the Graduate Diploma
- a minimum of 45 credits at Level 6
- a minimum of 75 credits at Level 7
Further study options
Study at Postgraduate Level with our Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate in Applied Management
Be work ready to be employed in a project management role within your chosen field of expertise.
Required text books for some papers.
Note: Only purchase text books for the paper(s) you are enrolled into.
Stationery and printing $150 approximately per paper
Changes for new learners
WITT and this programme are part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .