Learn to optimise supply chain relationships and logistics, including considerations from an engineering perspective, from industry experienced tutors.
Graduate diplomas are designed to be completed full-time in one year. It is possible to complete the diploma part-time, which will increase the programme duration.
You will learn how to:
- have a sound understanding of the dynamic and changing environment in which managers operate in New Zealand and internationally.
- enable the organisations environment to apply the knowledge at both organisational and strategic levels in a range of industries and organisations.
- have a current specialised knowledge and be able to integrate into the workplace environment quickly, having spent time through their course of study in a work context applying the knowledge and skills of the curriculum.
- Degree; or
- Level 6 or 7 Diploma and relevant work/life experience; or
- Equivalent knowledge, life skills, work experience or study.
English language requirements
Any applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence of an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 6.0 (with no score below 5.5 in speaking, reading, writing and listening) or equivalent.
Programme specific information
This one year full-time programme allows you to graduate at the same level as a degree student and with a focused file of knowledge. It is designed for people who have a degree in one area but want to change their area of specialisation or career. It is also for people who have a level 6 or 7 Diploma and/or several years of relevant work experience who wish to gain a qualification or update their skills in the area they are working.
On top of practical skills in operations and production management, and how to most efficiently allocate resources to achieve profitable results, you will have the choice of several electives to shape the kind of operations and production specialist you become.
Additionally you will graduate having worked on a real-world operations and production management project for a local business, ensuring you possess both skills and hands-on experience when you enter the job market.
The Graduate Diplomas are designed so that students can complete them in one year’s full time study. However, it is also possible for students to select part time s tudy options, which will increase the programme duration.
To be awarded a Graduate Diploma you will successfully complete 120 credits at Levels 6 and 7 as shown below:
- all compulsory papers specified for the Graduate Diploma
- a minimum of 45 credits at Level 6
- a minimum of 75 credits at Level 7
Further Study Options
Study at Postgraduate Level with our Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate in Applied Management
Be work ready to be employed in an operations and production management role within your chosen field of expertise.
Required text books for some papers.
Note: Only purchase text books for the paper(s) you are enrolled into.
Stationery and printing $150 approximately per paper
Changes for new learners
WITT and this programme are part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .