You will learn how to:
- work safely, applying an understanding of relevant Health and Safety requirements and safety culture, when carrying out engineering tasks.
- apply basic trade related numeracy, literacy, and visualisation skills to perform engineering tasks.
- perform a defined range of engineering tasks according to instructions using relevant materials, tools, and equipment.
- set up and carry out a single process engineering job according to instructions.
- apply an understanding of effective and efficient processes and principles to the engineering jobs being undertaken.
- take responsibility for the appropriate quality of your own engineering work and make corrections as required.
- participate and communicate effectively within an engineering team.
Programme Specific Information
Graduates of this qualification will be able to work (under limited supervision) in an operator or trade assistant role in their area of specialisation, in the mechanical engineering, construction, mechanical building services, manufacturing, or fabrication industries.
- Open entry.
Any applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence of an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 5 (with no score below 5 in speaking, reading, writing and listening) or equivalent.
CNC Machine Operator, Mould and Core Maker, Furnace Operator, Machine Operator, Specialist Production Welder, Metal Worker/Fabricator, Ducting Fabricator, Pipe Fitter/Welder, Metal Polisher and Pattern Maker Trade Assistant.
- Overalls (Cotton): $60 - 150
- Safety Boots (Steel capped): $100 - 250
- Safety Glasses: $10
- Riggers Gloves OR Tig Welding Gloves: $15 - 30
- A laptop or tablet is also recommended
Security provisions and insurance cover is the responsibility of the students. WITT accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of tools and equipment.