You will learn how to:
- apply theoretical knowledge of key farming inputs to pastoral farming systems.
- assist with key livestock production tasks in a pastoral farming context.
- use appropriate technology within a pastoral farming system.
- assess and minimise risk to self, others and equipment.
- apply knowledge of sustainable practices to pastoral farming systems.
- Open entry.
Programme Specific Information
Graduates will benefit by having a breadth of pastoral farming knowledge and skills valued by employers in the pastoral farming sector which will facilitate improved performance in the workplace and career progression.
The pastoral farming industry will benefit from being able to identify and recruit graduates who have an understanding of the key inputs into farming systems, and the wider context of the pastoral farming industry in terms of environmentally and financially sustainable farming practices.
Graduates of this qualification may be employed in a range of roles in pastoral farming enterprises requiring limited supervision, for example milk harvester, shepherd, dairy farm assistant or general farm hand.
Items from Farm Source
- Gumboots Red Band 10 233313006 - $80
- Overtrousers Bib Dairytex, GRN, L 248577003 - $135
- Parka Dairytex, GRN, L 248580003 - $198
- Overalls (Optional but recommended)
Changes for 2023 learners
On 1 November 2022, WITT and the programme you have enrolled in became part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .
When you apply to study with WITT in 2023, you will be enrolled with Te Pūkenga, the new national network of vocational and applied education in Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn in the same way, in the same place, and with the same people. The great news is that this enables us to share skills and knowledge across a network of passionate education providers, to better help you succeed.
Please note that all programmes offered by WITT and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review. This is to make sure they are portable, consistent, and aligned with the needs of the industry to provide you with excellent and quality educational opportunities.
New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Level 4)
New Zealand Certificate in Primary Industry Operational Skills (Level 3) with Optional strands in Specialist Equipment and Infrastructure