You will learn how to:
- comply with professional standards and expectations relating to a makeup and skincare focused workplace.
- consult with clients to establish their needs and agree on a range of possible services, products or treatments.
- apply skills and knowledge of makeup and skin care services to meet clients’ needs in accordance with industry standards.
- communicate professionally in a makeup and skincare workplace.
Programme specific information
This qualification is designed to provide the beauty sector with skin care and makeup technicians who have the foundation skills and knowledge to provide a range of makeup and skin care services. The purpose of this qualification is to provide competent employees for the makeup and skin care sector as a result, students will be required to undertake training in a simulated workplace environment for set assessment standards.
This programme is open entry
This is a one semester, full-time programme of study, or equivalent part-time.
Programme is delivered three days per week.
This programme includes competency-based assignments, theory tests and practical assessments.
This programme has no requirement for work experience, but students are recommended to undertake work experience to enhance their formal learning.
Future Study Options:
Beautician, Beauty Therapist, Cosmetologist, Makeup Consultant.
Graduates of this qualification may be employed, contracted or self-employed, in positions such as: beauty therapist, beauty consultant, cosmetic counter assistant, makeup and skincare consultant or makeup or skincare brand representative.
Further study options
New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4)
New Zealand Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4)
- Stationery - $100 approx
- Uniform & personal presentation - $200 approx. Includes shoes, pants/skirt, makeup and hair products.
- Portfolio and printing - $100 - $150 approx
- Makeup kit - $150 approx
**Reassessment/Resubmission Fee: At least $10 per performance criteria to a max of $50
- Provide models for collection of evidence and assessment
- Provide smart shoes suitable for standing long periods
- Provide smart pants or skirt to wear with t-shirt (provided)
- Student makeup and hair groomed to industry standard for class
- Access to a WITT PC, or personal laptop is required