This qualification is targeted at people who have gained operational and technical skills and experience in the area of environmental studies.
Aotearoa/New Zealand will benefit from having graduates who understand marine or terrestrial and related environments, and how they are influenced by human activities, enabling informed environmental management.
Graduates will be capable of working autonomously.
You will learn how to:
- Apply legislative requirements when conducting environmental activities
- Design and coordinate environmental monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Apply knowledge of freshwater biology, ecology by sampling and monitoring.
- New Zealand Diploma in Environmental Management (Level 5); or
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, experience or study.