Gain advanced qualifications in applied management, with industry electives or pathways aligned to meet key labour market needs.
Learn with the proven combination of practical and applied study, as well as advanced theory and work-based learning. Programmes are designed to be directly relevant to small and large private and public organisations and the self-employed and are strongly aligned with WITT’s role in providing workready graduates for Taranaki and to develop and retain skilled applied management professionals in the region.
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Management
The postgraduate certificate requires the completion of the four core courses.
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management
The postgraduate diploma requires the completion of the four core courses and another four compulsory courses relevant to chosen major.
For the Postgraduate Diploma, you can choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Analytics
- HealthCare Management
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
You will learn how to:
- Apply advanced knowledge of management issues and design solutions for a contemporary environment or a range of environments.
- Employ innovative management approaches and leadership in complex contexts.
- Apply advanced knowledge of management to problem-solving in chosen field of enquiry or professional practice including Healthcare Management, and Business Analytics
- Engage in rigorous analysis and critical thinking about complex management issues in chosen field of enquiry or professional practice including Healthcare Management, and Business Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in a similar subject; or
- Any other degree (or equivalent) in the discipline for applicants for one of the endorsement areas; or
- relevant skills and knowledge acquired through appropriate work or professional experience
Required text books for some papers. Note: Only purchase text books for the paper(s) you are enrolled into. Stationery and printing $150 approximately per paper
Changes for 2023 learners
On 1 November 2022, WITT and the programme you have enrolled in became part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology .
When you apply to study with WITT in 2023, you will be enrolled with Te Pūkenga, the new national network of vocational and applied education in Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn in the same way, in the same place, and with the same people. The great news is that this enables us to share skills and knowledge across a network of passionate education providers, to better help you succeed.
Please note that all programmes offered by WITT and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review. This is to make sure they are portable, consistent, and aligned with the needs of the industry to provide you with excellent and quality educational opportunities.